One of the most rising social media platforms over time is Snapchat. Snapchat is popular because of its out-of-league features. Snapchat understands the word “privacy” more than any other social media application and ensures to keep the user’s privacy intact. Due to its unique features, Snapchat has outrated any other application with the highest rating on the Play store. Moreover. Snapchat included its name in the list of top ten applications in terms of popularity. You may not believe this, but more than a billion people downloaded this application leaving all the applications behind.
However, some find it difficult to use the application because of the user interface complexity. Therefore, we are here to guide you with every challenge you face with the application. Today, our discussion topic will be “display name and Change snapchat username.”Before that, it is very important to note that the concept of display name and user name is not the same in snap chat. Therefore, please do not get confused with the terminology.
When I say Display name, it means the name that appears on your profile. When someone visits your profile, the name that appears on the profile is Display Name. However, the Username is different; the Username is something that Snapchat chooses for you. The major difference between display name and user name is that you can change the name whenever and however you like. However, the Username is fixed. Once chosen, there is no opportunity for revisiting and changing. In case you wish to change the Username, you need to create a new Snapchat account and set the Username accordingly. However, Snapchat plays a very important role while setting up a Snapchat username. Suppose you choose a username and that Username already exists. You need to make changes accordingly. To overcome this, Snapchat auto-suggests a brand new username. Let us take our discussion further.
Steps to change the Display name on Snapchat:
- Visit your Snapchat application on your phone.
- You will see a Profile picture on the left side of the screen.
- Now, tap on the profile picture, and you will see multiple options.
- From the top, choose the settings option to access other options.
- Tap on My Account and choose the Name option.
- Now, remove the current Username and choose the one you wish to use.
- However, there is a catch when you change the display name. Only new friends over Snapchat can see the new Username, not the old ones.
Steps to change the User name on Snapchat:
- Access your Snapchat application on your device.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see a Bitmoji.
- Now, tap on Bitmoji. You will see multiple options.
- Choose My Account, and you will see the User name option.
- Now click on the tab and type your desired Username.
- If the Username you typed is available on Snapchat, you can change it successfully by following the instructions on the screen. If not, Snapchat will help you will be the related user name available to change.
You can try these easy steps and get the Username changed. I hope you find this article worth your time. Thank you and take care!